Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th August 2000 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor||Di Burrows|
|Story editor||Mariam Vossough|
|Story associates|| Nick West|
|Previous episode||7th August 2000|
|Next episode||11th August 2000|
Deirdre is bitter that she's left a job she enjoyed. Debs, Duggie and Vinny support Natalie at Jez's trial. Edna feels bad when she hears that Deirdre has lost her job over the Weatherfield Gazette article. Rita refuses to have anything to do with Anthony, seeing him as a womaniser. Natalie gives evidence and is made to look foolish as Ms Deakin of the defence make her admit she has no evidence against Jez. Ken talks to Toyah's boss, Paul Beck, and gets her job back for her. She is pleased that he enjoyed her interview. Natalie is upset when the court hears that the bat that killed Tony was found in Jez's flat. Jez swears on oath he didn't kill Tony. Anthony begs Rita for another chance, saying that his wife is in a nursing home suffering from Alzheimer's. She accuses him of writing his wife off. Les plans to steal trolleys from Freshco's and sell them back to Curly.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Vinny Sorrell - James Gaddas
- Duggie Ferguson - John Bowe
- Debs Brownlow - Gabrielle Glaister
- Edna Miller - Joan Kempson
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Dennis Stringer - Charles Dale
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Anthony Stephens - John Quayle
- Jason Ross - Andy Devine
- Jez Quigley - Lee Boardman
- Ms Deakin - Eileen Battye
- Judge - Davyd Harries
- Mr Marriott - Nicholas Gecks
- Court Clerk - Anthony Schaeffer
- Court Usher - Keith Ladd
- Paul Beck - Paul Hawkyard
- Forensic Expert - Tim Wylton
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- The Kabin
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield Crown Court - Corridor and courtroom
- Radio Weatherfield - Corridor and studio
- Roy Cropper (David Neilson) and Linda Sykes (Jacqueline Pirie) are credited but don't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Natalie's given a rough time in court. Anthony explains all to Rita.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,950,000 viewers (5th place - combined figure including repeat).
|August 2000 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Sun 6th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Sun 13th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Fri 18th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Sun 27th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th