|ITV transmission date||11th September 2000 (Monday)|
|Script editor||Di Burrows|
|Story editor||Mariam Vossough|
|Story associates|| Nick West|
|Previous episode||10th September 2000|
|Next episode||13th September 2000|
Mike is amazed when Linda confirms she's been seeing Mark, saying it was a mistake she couldn't get out of. Mark insists they are in love but she tells Mike she kept trying to finish with Mark but he pursued her constantly. Paula is relieved when Warren is happy about the idea of Gary moving in with them. Mike struggles to understand what has been going on. Mark is ashamed of his actions but tells Mike he can't own people or stop them falling in love. Mike tells Linda he's been stupid not to see her how she really is and now sees how untrustworthy she is. She assures him it was only ever sex and is adamant she loves him but he doesn't believe her. She tells him she did once fancy Mark but she has more with him and loves him for giving her the respect she's never had. She says Mark was obsessed with her and she felt trapped, fearing he'd tell Mike and she'd lose him. She says Mark tried to get her to run away with him but she refused. Mike decides to believe her and throws Mark out, telling him he never wants to see him again. Jez is admitted into hospital. Mike and Linda make a great show of being happy as they leave the hotel for their honeymoon.
- Linda Baldwin - Jacqueline Pirie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mark Redman - Paul Fox
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Bobbi Lewis - Naomi Russell
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Karen Phillips - Suranne Jones
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Anthony Stephens - John Quayle
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- DC Wright - Daniel James
- Paula Shipley - Joanne Rowden
- Warren Shipley - Dean Worswick
- Jez Quigley - Lee Boardman
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Intensive Care Unit
- De Lisle House - Bridal Suite, reception hall and exterior
- Betty Williams (Betty Driver) is credited but does not appear.
- Last appearance of Mark Redman until 3rd September 2001.
- This episode featured a short scene with Mike and Linda Baldwin after all of the closing credits had run.
- Location filming for De Lisle House was conducted at Arley Hall in Cheshire.
- TV Times synopsis: Jez is taken to hospital. Mike makes a decision about his future.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,870,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
|September 2000 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th