A tramp looks for Albert. Elsie fears he's after money and fobs him off. Sandra has a new hair-do for Dennis' benefit. Annie realises Minnie is lonely and invites her to Sunday lunch. Charlie, Len, Stan and Albert go fishing on the canal and Charlie falls in. Albert discovers the tramp is an old friend, Ted Bates, and hopes he finds him soon.
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 470 (14th June 1965) and Episode 499 (22nd September 1965).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (1st place).
|August 1965 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|