|ITV transmission date||23rd August 1965 (Monday)|
|Stories by||George Reed|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||18th August 1965|
|Next episode||25th August 1965|
Len enjoys sharing the house with Jerry. Lucille starts work at Mitchell's. Len gives Jerry his birthday present - a partnership trading as "Fairclough and Booth". Lucille is chatted up by loader, Barry, at work. Ted finds Albert and tells him he's run away from an OAP home, Albert takes him in. Len throws a party for Jerry with the home-made beer but it all goes off. Albert's sideboard mysteriously jumps in the night.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Ted Bates - William Wymar
- Barry - Warren Clarke
- Babs - Judith Barker
- Victoria - Lynda Marchal
- Josie - Janet Lees Price
- Judith Barker makes a pre-Janet Reid appearance as Babs.
- Playing the guest role of Victoria is actress Lynda Marchal, today better known as the major television writer and novelist Lynda La Plante.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 470 (14th June 1965) and Episode 499 (22nd September 1965).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,710,000 homes (3rd place).
|August 1965 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|