In France, Curly and Emma arrive at Raquel's chateau. Emma is stunned by its size and grandeur. In Paris, Ashley has a panic attack on top of the Eiffel Tower and has to be carried to safety by a fireman. Curly is thrilled to see Alice but she is nervous of him. He feels bad that Alice is missing out on a family holiday so he can see her. Maxine is thrilled when an artist, Olivier Madar, asks to paint her portrait. Indulgent Ashley commissions him. Audrey enjoys the romance of Paris and enjoys being courted by Fred. He is moved when she tells him that he's dear to her. He tells Ashley that he intends to propose to Audrey.
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Emma Taylor - Angela Lonsdale
- Maxine Peacock - Tracy Shaw
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Christine Glover - Fenella Norman
- Alice Watts - Annabelle Tarrant
- Olivier Madar - Philippe de Grossouvre
- Chateau Armand, Loire Valley - Interior and exterior
- Road near to Chateau
- Various locations in Paris including the Eiffel Tower
- This episode was transmitted at 9.50pm due to coverage of Champions League football.
- This episode, along with Episodes 4919 and 4921, was shot totally on location in France. To highlight the special nature of the episodes, the usual title sequence was dropped for a series of images of Paris, different ones being used in each of the three instalments.
- TV Times synopsis: Fred makes a life-changing decision, while Curly has difficulty bonding with Alice.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,460,000 viewers (9th place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 2000 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th (1 2) • Thu 12th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th • Mon 30th