|ITV transmission date||25th August 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||George Reed|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||23rd August 1965|
|Next episode||30th August 1965|
Ted thinks he's brought Albert bad luck. David puts it down to subsidence from the old Barton Colliery. Jerry wants a legal agreement drawn up regarding the partnership. Hilda thinks Albert has got a poltergeist. Barry asks Lucille to go to a party with him. When the other girls agree, so does she. Len discovers Albert's floorboards have cracked. Elliston's Raincoat Factory changes into manufacturing PVC. Mr Charlesworth, the supervisor at the OAP home, arrives and Albert tells him Ted is staying at No.1 for good.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ted Bates - William Wymar
- Barry - Warren Clarke
- Babs - Judith Barker
- Victoria - Lynda Marchal
- Josie - Janet Lees Price
- Mr Charlesworth - Andrew Downie
- Judith Barker makes a pre-Janet Reid appearance as Babs.
- Playing the guest role of Victoria is actress Lynda Marchal, today better known as the major television writer and novelist Lynda La Plante.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 470 (14th June 1965) and Episode 499 (22nd September 1965).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,140,000 homes (1st place).
|August 1965 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|