Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st November 2000 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor||Nick Malmholt|
|Story editor||Nick West|
|Story associates|| Kathleen Beedles|
|Executive Producer||Jane Macnaught|
|Previous episode||30th October 2000|
|Next episode||3rd November 2000|
Maxine questions Audrey as to why she wants to marry Fred, thinking she won't be happy. Audrey knows she can wrap him round her finger but Maxine warns her he'll demand plenty of sex. Audrey has second thoughts, knowing she doesn't love him. Curly decides to track Emma down to prove she's the one he loves. Audrey is stunned when Fred takes her to an expensive jewellers to buy her an engagement ring. She tries one on and tells Fred she can't accept it, saying she can't marry him. Horrified Fred begs her to reconsider but she is adamant it wouldn't be right for them to marry. Fred accuses her of being cruel and hurtful. Ashley is shocked when Maxine reveals she posed nude for the artist. Maxine is horrified when her painting turns out to be abstract. Ashley finds it hysterical and happily buys it. Emma is delighted when Curly turns up. They go on a boat trip down the Seine where he tells her he was obsessed with Raquel but never loved her. What he has with her is more equal and she makes him feel really in love. He proposes and she accepts.
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Maxine Peacock - Tracy Shaw
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Emma Taylor - Angela Lonsdale
- Christine Glover - Fenella Norman
- Alice Watts - Annabelle Tarrant
- Fabrice Sancier - Nicolas Chagrin
- Olivier Madar - Philippe de Grossouvre (Credited as "Phillipe de Grossouvre")
- Chateau Armand, Loire Valley - Kitchen and courtyard
- Various locations in Paris, including Café, jewellers, boucherie, art gallery, River Seine and Bateau Mouche
- Unnamed hotel - Reception, dining room and hotel bedroom
- This episode, along with Episodes 4917 and 4919, was shot totally on location in France. To highlight the special nature of the episodes, the usual title sequence was dropped for a series of images of Paris, different ones being used in each of the three instalments.
- In the closing scene, as Fred Elliott walks across a bridge over the Seine, audio of Audrey Roberts accepting his proposal from Episode 4919 is heard.
- TV Times synopsis: Curly proposes to Emma. Audrey breaks Fred's heart.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,330,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
|November 2000 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th
Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Tue 28th • Wed 29th • Thu 30th