Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th October 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||George Reed|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||4th October 1965|
|Next episode||11th October 1965|
Lionel accuses Emily of splitting up a home. Elsie decides to go and see Moira Maxwell but before she can carry out the plan, Mrs. Maxwell turns up at No.11 to find out the truth. She accuses Elsie of being a dirty backstreet tart and realises that they both know that Robert Maxwell hated her. Elsie realises Moira blames herself for the death and is glad to let her blame someone else. Minnie is delighted when Ena gives her three presents. Annie advises Lionel to let Sandra have her own way. Half the neighbours see Lionel entertaining Annie to her embarrassment. Ena discovers city surveyors measuring in the Street and sets Minnie and Clara out to discover what's going on.
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Clara Midgeley - Betty Hardy
- Moira Maxwell - Ann Castle
- Eddie Syms - David Valla (Credited as "Man with theodolyte" in "TV Times") for this episode and "Eddie Syms" thereafter)
- TV Times synopsis: Ena joins battle
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,440,000 homes (1st place).
|October 1965 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|