|ITV transmission date||17th June 2001 (Sunday)|
|Script editor||Nick Malmholt|
|Story editor||Nick West|
|Story associates|| Darren Fairhurst|
|Executive Producer||Jane Macnaught|
|Previous episode||15th June 2001|
|Next episode||18th June 2001|
Alma is back home in bed. Mike and Molly are nursing her round the clock. Linda calls in at Audrey's and pleads with Mike to let her help as he looks so tired. Mike tells her he doesn't want her there but she ignores him. Ken calls to see Alma and both he and Mike hold Alma's hands while she drifts in and out of consciousness. Alex Swinton calls on Roy and Hayley to see if they've made a decision about Wayne. He lowers his price to £5,000. Roy tells him that they accept the offer. Alma is asking for Audrey but Audrey isn't back from London yet. Audrey arrives back to be told that Alma hasn't got long to live and to see her as soon as possible. Audrey arrives in Alma's bedroom and talks to Alma but as she does Matt takes Alma's pulse and tells the company around the bed that she has died.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Molly Hardcastle - Jacqueline Kington
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Linda Baldwin - Jacqueline Chadwick
- Alma Halliwell - Amanda Barrie
- Matt Ramsden - Stephen Beckett
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- 16a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Grasmere Drive
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living room and bedroom
- Death of Alma Halliwell although the character is last seen in Episode 5060 on a pre-recorded tape.
- The end credits are played without the title music.
- This episode was given a special repeat on ITV1 at 4.30pm on 12th April 2006 as the channel marked the departure of Mike Baldwin from the series with a trio of programmes. The Baldwin Family Album was shown in the same timeslot on 10th April, while Episode 2284 (21st February 1983) was screened on 11th April.
- TV Times synopsis: Audrey rushes to be at Alma's side as she slips away, and Alex puts pressure on Roy and Hayley.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,240,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Golden Anniversary DVD Collection, released by ITV Home Entertainment on 11th October 2010. This version of the episode omitted the last 1'03" of the first scene in Part Two.
|June 2001 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Tue 12th • Wed 13th • Thu 14th
Fri 15th • Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th