Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th June 1961 (Monday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||31st May 1961|
|Next episode||7th June 1961|
Dennis impatiently waits for a piece of post to arrive but won't tell Elsie what it is. Ivan takes his pram back and cancels the hire purchase. Billy thinks he can do a better job of running a garage than Phil Marsden and has ambitions to have his own. Jack tells him not to run before he can walk. The Brewery writes to the Walkers, stalling on their holiday dates until a relief can be found. Annie wants to go to Torquay while Jack fancies fishing in Scotland. She gets her way, much to Billy's amusement. Ena visits Dr. Graham and demands a prescription for her bronchitis. He gives in but insults her about her "slipped tongue". Albert also visits him, concerned about his supposed blood pressure but is talked out of worrying about it. Concepta tells Annie that she's concerned about Harry's religious beliefs and that her father doesn't approve of the marriage at all. Sheila reluctantly goes to the pictures with new boyfriend Cyril. Tom goes into the fruit machine game business and tries to get Doreen to persuade Sylvia Snape to have one at Snape's Cafe. Elsie returns from the cinema with Arthur Dewhurst. He's caught the Rovers burglar after he did a warehouse job and confessed to other offences. Martha sees that Concepta looks worried. She and Ena don't think the marriage will be successful. The next morning, Dennis is delighted that his parcel has arrived. It's an electric guitar addressed to his new stage persona - "Ricky Dennis".
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Doreen - Angela Crow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Sheila - Eileen Mayers
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Arthur Dewhurst - Robin Wentworth
- Tom Hayes - Dudley Foster
- Cyril - David Lamb
- Dr. Graham - Fulton Mackay
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and scullery
- Snape's Cafe
- Dr. Graham's surgery - Waiting room and consultation room
- Beatrice Neild, who appeared in the irregular role of Mrs Toft from 1969 to 1974 appears as an extra in this episode in Dr. Graham surgery.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,669,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|June 1961 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|