Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd September 2001 (Sunday)|
|Script editor||Kim Moore|
|Story editor||Nick West|
|Story associates|| Darren Fairhurst|
|Executive Producer||Jane Macnaught|
|Previous episode||21st September 2001|
|Next episode||24th September 2001|
Charlie goes to visit her real mother for the first time. Her mother - Pam Hargreaves - doesn't seem at all pleased to see her and says she has her own family now. Karen and Steve make up. Steve comes to an arrangement with Peter - he won't go to the Police but instead Peter has to agree to let Steve punch him in the Rovers in front of lots of people. Peter then explains to Shelley that the punch was all for show and that Karen agreed to provide him with an alibi for cash. Shelley then realises that it was Peter who stole the money from the Betting Shop and tells him she doesn't want to go out with a thief. Toyah decides to finish with Sam but Sam persuades her to give him one more week. Matt and Maxine make an effort to start behaving normally towards each other to allay suspicion. Edna's funeral takes place and the funeral party goes back to the Rovers afterwards. Edna's equally miserable sister Iris Merry turns up.
- Matt Ramsden - Stephen Beckett
- Charlie Ramsden - Clare McGlinn
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Maxine Peacock - Tracy Shaw
- Duggie Ferguson - John Bowe
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Sam Kingston - Scott Wright
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Rob Lucas - Mark Powley
- Luke Ashton - John O'Neill
- Christine Hargreaves - Ashley Evans
- Pam Hargreaves - Judi Jones
- Iris Merry - Joan Kempson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 12 Coronation Street - Kitchen and living room
- Skinner's Bookies
- Roy's Rolls
- 23a Balaclava Terrace - Living room/kitchen
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Christine Hargreaves house - Living room/kitchen
- Joan Kempson, the late Edna Miller, makes a brief return to the programme as the blonde-haired and equally doom-laden sister of the deceased, Iris Merry.
- TV Times synopsis: Steve gets his revenge on Peter. Charlie confronts her past.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,110,000 viewers (6th place).
|September 2001 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd (1 2) • Wed 5th • Thu 6th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th
Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Thu 20th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd
Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Thu 27th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th