Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th November 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||8th November 1965|
|Next episode||15th November 1965|
Emily worked until 2.00am getting the Gamma Garments fashion show ready. Valerie is the official dresser for the models and Emily takes her through her paces while Len and Jerry fix the stage up and Lionel provides the refreshments. Sandra and Elsie worry about Dennis's latest business deal but he insists that it's only a few novelties for Christmas. The residents gather at the Mission Hall to watch the event. Irma, Sandra and Lucille model the garments and get mixed up changing in the vestry, causing long delays on stage and turning the event into a fiasco as Emily has to describe an outfit worn by Irma over and over again. Alan drops woodwork when he discovers girls. Emily regrets putting on the show. Most of the audience doesn't return after the interval. Elsie is horrified to discover Dennis has bought 108 Christmas trees - one large one is stored at No. 11 and the others are on their way.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed (Uncredited)
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Mission of Glad Tidings
- 15 Mawdsley Street - Back room
- Diana Davies, later to play Norma Ford from 1972 to 1974, appears as an extra as part of the audience in the fashion show scenes.
- TV Times synopsis: A model dilemma gives Miss Nugent cold feet
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,200,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|November 1965 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|