Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th December 2001 (Sunday)|
|Script editor||Kim Moore|
|Story editor||Nick West|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Jane Macnaught|
|Previous episode||7th December 2001|
|Next episode||10th December 2001|
Fred tells Eve that she is right and that he will move to a smaller house. Toyah tells Les that she and Sam are going to Janice and Dennis's flat for lunch. Les takes it well. Then Les turns up all tearful at the house with a Christmas card from Leanne saying she may come home for Christmas. The bar staff are wondering what Duggie is up to, particularly Shelley, then Geena overhears him talking to his accountant on the telephone. Richard turns up at Gail's house. He tells her that he didn't get her messages because his mobile didn't pick up a signal in the Lake District. Ken's talk at the café goes down really well and Anita Scott tells Ken she is a fan. Blanche warns Deirdre to keep her eye on Anita. Betty, Shelley and Geena finally have it out with Duggie, and he tells them that he is selling the Rovers.
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Duggie Ferguson - John Bowe
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Eve Elliott - Melanie Kilburn
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Sam Kingston - Scott Wright
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Maxine Peacock - Tracy Shaw
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Richard Hillman - Brian Capron
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Dennis Stringer - Charles Dale
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Roy's Rolls
- Chapman Street flat - Living room
- 23 Seymour Drive, Oakhill - Living room and dining room
- Ken Barlow's talk at Roy's Rolls features a tape recording of Albert Tatlock reminiscing about the First World War. The source of the recording is unknown but is possibly from a scene in Episode 955 (18th February 1970).
- TV Times synopsis: Duggie makes a surprise announcement, and Dennis loses his patience with Les.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,580,000 viewers (6th place).
|December 2001 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Thu 6th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Thu 13th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st
Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Tue 25th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th • Mon 31st