Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th June 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||5th June 1961|
|Next episode||12th June 1961|
Esther refuses to invest any money in Tom's fruit machine scheme and offers to give to him £100 to tide him over if he stays local and gets a decent job. Dennis can't decide between Ricky Dennis and Rocky Dennis as a stage name. Elsie doesn't understand his new life in showbusiness and thinks he's going weird. Annie thinks Billy should help out more behind the bar and puts Jack onto it. Doreen takes a fancy to Dennis and his guitar. Harry buys Concepta an engagement ring. Jean tells Christine her parents treat her more like an adult after what she said to them and thanks her. Christine makes Esther share her problems with her and Jean. Tom entertains Len with his tall tales about the war. Concepta arranges for Harry to see her priest, Father Bennett. Ken's lecturer, Mr. Collingwood, tells him he's engaged to Marian Lund, she's left the University and they're getting married.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Doreen - Angela Crow
- Sheila - Eileen Mayers
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Front room
- Snape's Cafe
- Beatrice Neild, who appeared in the irregular role of Mrs Toft from 1969 to 1974 appears as an extra in this episode in the Rovers.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,887,000 homes (7th place).
|June 1961 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|