Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th December 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||6th December 1965|
|Next episode||13th December 1965|
Irma and David prepare to get married without letting it on. Jack gets Arthur Walker to look after the Rovers, as the residents prepare, en masse, to leave for the reception but managing to keep it quiet from the bride and groom. Hilda is sorry that she's losing her daughter. David and Irma are married at the Ridgeway Road Registry Office. Jack, Annie, Stan, Hilda, Len, Elsie, Ena and Minnie hide behind a screen at the reception and surprise the Barlows. Arthur leaves Lucille alone in the Rovers whilst he places a bet. Val is chatted up by a man called Frank Turner in the Corner Shop. He steals cigarettes while Lionel is in the back and gets Lucille to serve him at the Rovers. He makes her feel uncomfortable. Stan makes a speech at the reception. Jack and Annie return to the pub where Turner tells Jack that Lucille shouldn't have been serving behind the bar at sixteen and makes him see that he's going to blackmailed.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Restaurant Manager - Derek Williams
- Arthur Walker - Jack Allen
- Johnny - Joseph McKeown
- Steve - Michael Barlow
- Taxi Driver - Tony Melody
- Frank Turner - Tom Watson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and front bedroom
- Corner Shop
- Ridgeway Road Registry Office - Exterior
- Unknown restaurant
- In the first scene in the restaurant, Sandra Gough forgets her line "We are married real though, aren't we?" and has to be prompted by a member of the production crew.
- TV Times synopsis: The great day dawns - and brings a nasty character with it
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,140,000 homes (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|December 1965 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|