Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th December 1965 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||22nd December 1965|
|Next episode||29th December 1965|
David has a bitter Christmas and blames Larry Palmer for tackling him. Lionel decides to close the sub-Post Office as it's not making any money. David refuses to believe he can't play again until his leg buckles and he falls. He feels he is finished and that he's let Irma down as they'll have to cancel the new house. He begins to worry about his job at the social club. Val and Ken entertain Albert, Ena, Minnie and Clara. Jerry helps Emily sort out her new camera. Larry apologises to David but David tells him he doesn't want his charity.
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- TV Times synopsis: In which there is cold turkey for most but cold comfort for David
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,250,000 homes (11th place).
|December 1965 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|