|ITV transmission date||20th May 2002 (Monday)|
|Script editor||Kim Crowther|
|Story editor||Nick West|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Director||Eugene Ferguson and John Anderson|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||19th May 2002|
|Next episode||22nd May 2002|
Richard receives a phone call from Patricia, but refuses to talk to her about money. Jason and Kirk fail to pull when they go in search of girls in the posh hotel bars on Blackpool's North Promenade. Meanwhile Toyah is on her second date with Goran Milanovic. Maria and Tyrone are alone on the seafront. Both are reminiscing about when the got engaged at the top of the tower when they bump into each other. Patricia turns up at the Platts' house when Richard refuses to acknowledge her calls. Her remarks unnerve him and he takes her outside to talk, away from Gail and the kids. At the top of the tower Tyrone and Maria have an intimate moment where they declare their feelings. But when they get back on to the street Maria tells Tyrone that they can never go back to the way they were. Fred offers to sponsor Roy's re-enactment, but as a way of making himself money. Roy is worried that by allowing Fred to be sponsor he will hijack the whole event. Richard takes Patricia to the flats conversion and tries to explain why he cannot pay her. They argue and she threatens to expose him as a cheat and a liar. Richard loses his temper and picks up a spade and whacks Patricia over the head with it, killing her.
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Richard Hillman - Brian Capron
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Molly Hardcastle - Jacqueline Kington
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton (Uncredited)
- Goran Milanovic - Matt Zarb
- Hotel Doorman - Laurence Took
- Patricia Hillman - Annabelle Apsion
- Carol Mills - Collette Cooper
- Stephanie Mills - Rebecca Atkinson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Ridings - Construction site
- Blackpool - Seafront, North Promenade and Tower
- Dunes Holiday Park - Lake, Street residents' caravan and Goran Milanovic's caravan
- Final appearance of Jacqueline Kington as Molly Hardcastle.
- Abbi Collins was credited as a Stunt Double on this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Patricia pushes Richard too far. Tyrone and Maria rekindle an old flame.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,760,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
|May 2002 episodes|
|Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Tue 14th • Fri 17th
Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st