Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th June 2002 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor||Kim Crowther|
|Story editor||Nick West|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||3rd June 2002|
|Next episode||7th June 2002|
Gail is cross with Sarah when she finds out that she's been playing truant from school. Sarah is fed up, as all her mates are going out enjoying themselves and she's stuck at home preparing for Bethany's birthday party. Emma suggests to Curly they have a barbeque at the weekend. She notices that Les's backyard is full of overflowing dustbins and rubbish. She mentions the mess to Les but he ignores her. Sam can't work at the garage because of his broken arm. He and Kevin have a row and Sam quits his job. Karen tries to give Joe a hard time but he stands up to her and threatens to sack her. Betty tells Fred she wants to retire but he isn't listening. Roy apologises to Fred and they patch up their differences. Everyone is at the Platts' house attending Bethany's birthday party. Sarah disappears. Later, when everyone has left, she turns up saying that she bumped into some mates. Gail is furious. Sarah bursts into tears and says that compared to her mates she feels her life is over already.
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Joe Carter - Jonathan Wrather
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Richard Hillman - Brian Capron
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Sam Kingston - Scott Wright
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Emma Watts - Angela Lonsdale
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Candice Stowe - Nikki Sanderson
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Maxine Peacock - Tracy Shaw
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Coronation Street Garage
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Roy's Rolls
- This episode was transmitted at 8.30pm to make way for the final instalment of ITV's Jubilee documentary A Queen's Story and the usual episode of Emmerdale.
- TV Times synopsis: Sarah goes missing during Bethany's birthday party, and Sam sets his sights on Spanish sun.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,800,000 viewers (3rd place).
|June 2002 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th (1 2) • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Sun 16th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th