Jack worries that Concepta will leave the Rovers when she marries. Harry and Concepta go to St. Theresa's RC Church to see Father Bennett. Ken moves into David's room to make room for Nancy. Father Bennett tries to talk Concepta out of marrying Harry but she is adamant. He tells her she'll have to get the Bishop's permission. They set the date for 20th September. Concepta is upset to learn she won't be able to have any music or flowers. Harry will have to have Catholic instruction for the marriage. Nancy moves into No.3. The Barlows refuse to let her pay for her keep. Ivan receives news that Linda has gone into labour at Dot's.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- This episode carries no director credit, either on-screen or in TV Times.
- TV Times: Every front door hides a story. Behind the front doors in Coronation Street are stories of excitement and joy, pathos and humour (This generic synopsis did not appear in all regional editions)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,330,000 homes (4th place).
|June 1961 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|