Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th January 1966 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Susan Pleat|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||12th January 1966|
|Next episode||19th January 1966|
David is annoyed to read that Jackie has done a piece in the paper and Ken has helped her. David starts to drink a lot and realises that Ken fancies Jackie. Irma is upset when a drunken David ruins Lionel's shop display. When David gets paralytic in the Rovers, Ken refuses to sort him out. Irma suggests to David that they buy the shop. He thinks that would be sinking too low and refuses to live in Coronation Street. Irma is upset and walks out on him, going back to No.13.
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- TV Times synopsis: David goes on the loose while Irma gets down to business
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,100,000 homes (5th place).
|January 1966 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|