|ITV transmission date||6th September 2002 (Friday)|
|Script editor||Kim Crowther|
|Story editor||Nick West|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||4th September 2002|
|Next episode||8th September 2002|
Toyah is panicking about the Visual Arts Project she's got to hand in at college. She doesn't know where to start. Dev arrives in the Corner Shop looking dishevelled - he's been with another girl all night. Mike has a business meeting with a Spanish property and law man who is going to look after the apartment deal in Spain. Sunita is invited to her friend Nimmi's wedding on 18th September but she hasn't anyone to take. Joe discovers that Naveen Alahan's cheque has bounced again. Fiz invites Jason and Kirk to the decorating party in the flat. Joe tells Steve about Dev's dodgy cousin and the bounced cheque. Harry Flagg arrives in the Rovers. He's a cleaner by trade who's just returned to Weatherfield after several years living away and tells Fred the state of the Rovers is disgusting. Fred offers him £10 plus all the beer he wants to clean it. Les gives Toyah his tatty old chair for the flat. She hasn't the heart to refuse. Joe enjoys telling Dev that Naveen's cheque has bounced again. Mike is shocked when Joe tells him he's made a couple of calls and found out that Naveen's business is about to go into receivership.
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Joe Carter - Jonathan Wrather
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Sunita Parekh - Shobna Gulati
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Harry Flagg - Iain Rogerson
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 12 Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Underworld - Factory floor and office
- First appearance of Harry Flagg.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike puts on a brave face - but Joe says he can smell disaster a mile off. Karen is furious with Steve after his underhand behaviour.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,260,000 viewers (6th place).
Harry Flagg: "To me, clean is classy. A decent pub should have shine to it. Polished woodwork, gleaming brass, sparkling ale. Call me a perfectionist if you want."
Fred Elliott: "That weren't first words that sprang to mind."
|September 2002 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2)
Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th
Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th • Mon 30th (1 2)