Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th January 1966 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Susan Pleat|
Leslie Duxbury (redited as "Les Duxbury")
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||19th January 1966|
|Next episode||26th January 1966|
The residents continue to celebrate Stan's pool win. Hilda can't bring herself to tell Stan that she filled out the coupon with the winning results and runs away from the party. Stan plans a trip to London with everyone to receive the cheque. Minnie hasn't any coal or money. Emily confesses her loneliness to her. Having heard the news, Irma goes to find her mum and hears that Stan hasn't won anything. David fetches Stan home in order that Hilda can break the news to Stan. She takes some dutch courage and does so. He goes berserk and tries to kill her - she escapes. The next day, Clara and Ena blame each other for Minnie's money problems. Stan has a hangover while Jerry fixes the damage he did to the house in his rage. Hilda sports a black eye. Lionel shows David the workings of the Corner Shop. Annie gives Stan a bill for £6, 18/6 for the drinks. Ken calls on Jackie and they exchange a kiss.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jackie Marsh's flat - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Stan on the rampage and Kenneth on the tiles
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,250,000 homes (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|January 1966 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|