|ITV transmission date||26th January 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Susan Pleat|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||24th January 1966|
|Next episode||31st January 1966|
Lionel shows David the ropes and hands the shop over to him. Ena tries to help Minnie over her money situation but Minnie tells her to stay out of her life. Jackie cooks Ken lunch and persuades him to go to a play with her. Annie lays on champagne at Lionel's farewell party. Club man Fred Nuttall asks Minnie for the £17 she owes for a coat. He puts pressure on her when she tells him that she can't pay any back. He tells her that she's only paying interest on the money she originally borrowed and if she doesn't pay he'll take her to court. Lionel leaves for Wales. A delighted Minnie receives a visit from Jed.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Clara Midgeley - Betty Hardy
- Jim Mount - Barry Keegan
- Jackie Marsh - Pamela Craig
- Fred Nuttall - Larry Noble
- Final appearance of Edward Evans as Lionel Petty.
- Jed Stone, although returned to the street, does not actually appear in the episode. His return was heralded by his famous cap being pushed through the letterbox of No.5 at the very end of the programme, thereby alerting Minnie (and the viewers) to his return but saving on paying for an appearance by the actor. Kenneth Cope was present from the next episode onwards.
- TV Times synopsis: Minnie up to her ears, Miss Nugent on her toes
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,750,000 homes (1st place).
|January 1966 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|