The Barlows close the Post Office. Elsie worries about Jed leading Dennis astray. Fred Nuttall corners Dennis in the Rovers when he realises he's been swindled. Dennis tells him the police are around as the socks were stolen. Ena is repaid her £15 leaving Minnie with £5. Jed wants to put a fruit machine in Gamma Garments. Annie provides a cheeseboard in the bar. Elsie warns Ken to be careful with Jackie. He tells her it's nothing to do with her. Emily's sister, Joan Corrie tells her that their father has had a stroke.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Clara Midgeley - Betty Hardy
- Jackie Marsh - Pamela Craig
- Jim Mount - Barry Keegan
- Fred Nuttall - Larry Noble
- Joan Corrie - Maureen O'Reilly
- TV Times synopsis: A statue, a flanker, and the biggest floating gambler in the Street
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,000,000 homes (1st place).
Ena Sharples: "If a workin' man went abroad when I was in me prime, he either went to get shot at, convert the 'eathen or emigrate."
|February 1966 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th|