|ITV transmission date||17th November 2002 (Sunday)|
|Script editor||Gareth Philips|
|Story editor||Nick West|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||15th November 2002|
|Next episode||18th November 2002|
Audrey tells Archie that Richard has been trying to kill her all along. Richard is panicking, knocking at Archie's door, asking him to let him in. Archie lets Richard in, Audrey starts screaming so he makes Richard go home. Audrey wants to call the police but Archie makes her calm down first. Audrey realises that Archie does not believe her. Richard goes home and tells Gail what has happened. Gail is distraught. Audrey tries to prove that she is sane by showing Archie how she passed the doctor's memory tests. However, this makes her appear even more insane. Gail phones Archie. She wants to go round but Archie assures her that it would be best if she stays away for now. Richard tells Gail about his experiences with his mother's Alzheimer's. Audrey realises that she was working with Archie when her dress was taken to the cleaners. Richard tells Gail that his marriage failed because of his mother's condition. They are both visibly upset and try to console each other. Audrey lists to Archie all the things which make her suspicious of Richard. Archie also finds that he has reasons to suspect Richard too, Richard having told him there were no batteries in the fire alarm before the fire inspection results were known. Gail and Richard become even closer and pledge their devotion to each other. Audrey and Archie think that Richard may have killed his ex-wife. Audrey thinks that Gail is in danger.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Richard Hillman - Brian Capron
- Archie Shuttleworth - Roy Hudd
- Gail Hillman - Helen Worth
- TV Times synopsis: Audrey and Archie make a staggering discovery, and Gail learns the tragic details of Richard's past.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,010,000 viewers (1st place). This was the highest-rated episode of the year.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
|November 2002 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th (1 2) • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th (1 2) • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th