|ITV transmission date||14th June 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||12th June 1961|
|Next episode||19th June 1961|
Linda is still 'comfortable' after two days in hospital. Ken rows with Frank and Nancy for prying too much into his life. He calls Frank's life "worthless". Depressed, he breaks down and tells Ida he has to get away from the Street and wonders where his education is going to get him. Ivan and Elsie frantically worry about Linda. Nancy discovers Ken has been reading a book about emigrating to Australia. Ida tries to cheer Elsie up but gets drunk instead. The regulars at the Rovers run a bet on the weight of the baby. Ivan receives the news that Linda has gone into heavy labour, and in hospital Linda gives birth.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- This episode carries no director credit, either on-screen or in TV Times.
- This episode features the first birth on the programme - that of Ivan and Linda's son, Paul Cheveski
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,566,000 homes (10th place).
|June 1961 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|