|ITV transmission date||6th January 2003 (Monday - Part 2)|
|Script editor||Gareth Philips|
|Story editor||Jane Hudson|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||6th January 2003|
|Next episode||8th January 2003|
Tracy tells Blanche that Deirdre slept with Dev and that she told Ken just before he went into court. Blanche slaps Tracy across the face. Tracy says she's disgusted that her boyfriend Dev has slept with her mother. Dev tells Karen that he's offered to buy out Vik's half of Street Cars. Karen can't believe that Steve hasn't mentioned this. Joe looks round Vik's old flat above the taxi office and tells Karen that he wants to rent it. Deirdre and Ken arrive back home with Ken devastated at Deirdre's revelation. Deirdre and Tracy have a blazing row over what happened and Deirdre throws Tracy out of the house. Blanche, worried and upset, goes to the Rovers and leaves Ken and Deirdre to talk. Deirdre explains to Ken that she just had a stupid crush on Dev but that it meant nothing. Ken can't accept it and tells her that she's never loved him as much as he loves her. Tracy confronts Dev. He says that it was a one-off mistake sleeping with Deirdre and persuades Tracy to come and stay with him. Doreen is feeling depressed. Fred comforts her. Ken tells Deirdre that he can't live with her anymore and walks out. Deirdre is inconsolable.
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Tracy Preston - Kate Ford
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Doreen Heavey - Prunella Gee
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Joe Carter - Jonathan Wrather
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Ken and Deirdre face up to the aftermath of their trials and revelations; while Karen is shocked to hear about Dev's offer to Steve.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,900,000 viewers (8th place).
Ken Barlow: "You know the sad thing? I don't think you know what it is that you do want. You say you want excitement, but when it comes to choosing, when it comes to deciding what's best for your future, you always come back here to me. That just shows how you always back away from what you feel that you want. That just shows how scared you are of being happy."
|January 2003 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th (1 2) • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th (1 2) • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th (1 2) • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th (1 2) • Wed 29th • Fri 31st