Annie worries that Lucille would rather work for Jed than Marshall's Cotton Mill. Jack plans to throw a farewell party for Emily. Dennis and Jed try to remould the waxworks to look like The Beatles. The residents present Emily with a parasol. She says goodbye to everyone. Jerry tells her that he knows she's not going to Majorca but Harrogate to look after her father. Dennis tells Jed that he's had enough of him and his get-rich-quick schemes. He tells Elsie he's not taking her advice any more - she's old and past it. He takes to his bed in a depressed state.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Last appearance of Miss Nugent until 18th January 1967 as Eileen Derbyshire took a year off work for the birth of her son, Oliver Holt.
- TV Times synopsis: Heads Dennis loses; Ken Barlow turns tail
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,750,000 homes (1st place).
|February 1966 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th|