Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th February 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Susan Pleat|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||14th February 1966|
|Next episode||21st February 1966|
Annie worries that Lucille would rather work for Jed than Marshall's Cotton Mill. Jack plans to throw a farewell party for Emily. Dennis and Jed try to remould the waxworks to look like The Beatles. The residents present Emily with a parasol. She says goodbye to everyone. Jerry tells her that he knows she's not going to Majorca but Harrogate to look after her father. Dennis tells Jed that he's had enough of him and his get-rich-quick schemes. He tells Elsie he's not taking her advice any more - she's old and past it. He takes to his bed in a depressed state.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Last appearance of Miss Nugent until 18th January 1967 as Eileen Derbyshire took a year off work for the birth of her son, Oliver Holt.
- TV Times synopsis: Heads Dennis loses; Ken Barlow turns tail
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,750,000 homes (1st place).
|February 1966 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th|