|ITV transmission date||24th January 2003 (Friday)|
|Script editor||Gareth Philips|
|Story editor||Jane Hudson|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||22nd January 2003|
|Next episode||26th January 2003|
Shelley refuses to speak to Sunita. Sunita thinks she's being childish. Ashley receives a sympathy card from Matt and Charlie Ramsden. He rips it up. Toyah goes with Maria to the clinic where she has an abortion. Maria tells Kirk what's happened and he's both kind and supportive. Peter tries to talk Shelley into making up with Sunita but Shelley is adamant that Sunita is in the wrong and convinced that Ciaran will hurt her in the end. Norris asks round for lodgings. He is appalled when Les says he can share Kirk's room in No. 5 for £50 per week but he is forced to accept. Audrey agrees to do Maxine's hair for the funeral. Archie is grateful. Emma tells Ashley that the Police have finished at No. 4. She returns his house keys. Ken and Deirdre call to see Emily. Emily tells Ken what she thinks of him for standing by Aidan. She is very angry and questions Ken's morals. Ashley leaves Fred looking after Joshua and goes over to No. 4. He can't bring himself to open the door. He sees Ken and tells him how disgusted he is with him for standing up for Aidan. Ashley sits on the doorstep of No. 4 and sobs.
- Sunita Parekh - Shobna Gulati
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Emma Watts - Angela Lonsdale
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Archie Shuttleworth - Roy Hudd
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Tracy Preston - Kate Ford
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,320,000 viewers (6th place).
Emily Bishop: "Moral? Don't patronise me Kenneth Barlow. How long have we known each other? Near fifty years? I've always admired and respected you. I've defended you when others have cast stones. I've watched you fight stupid battles and never said a word, but this? Don't you talk to me about your moral duty! What about your duty to friends?"
Ken Barlow: "My first wife was taken from me in a fire."
Ashley Peacock: "But she wasn't murdered!"
Ken Barlow: "No, but I had to get on with my life."
Ashley Peacock: "The difference is I can't 'cos you're stopping me! Interfering! Being involved where you're not wanted! Maxine always said you were a stuck-up busybody, always sticking your nose into other people's business. You're pathetic!"
|January 2003 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th (1 2) • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th (1 2) • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th (1 2) • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th (1 2) • Wed 29th • Fri 31st