|ITV transmission date||21st February 1966 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
Leslie Duxbury (Credited as "Les Duxbury")
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||16th February 1966|
|Next episode||23rd February 1966|
Len and Stan both have hangovers after the party. Without forewarning Len, Jerry takes on ex-Borstal boy Ray Langton to look after the office while they're working on the Brewery contract. Len doesn't trust him. Dennis reads a self-help book and feels he's reached a crossroads in his life. Elsie thinks he's just being daft and kicks him out of his bed. Jerry is annoyed at Len's constant drinking at the brewery on their free samples. Brewery workers Joss Lightfoot and Ronnie Wigg have a dig at Jerry because he won't drink whilst working. Ena beats Jed at a darts match with a drink as the prize. Hilda accuses Jim Mount of leading Stan into too much drinking. Egged on by Ronnie, Jerry takes a punch at him and gets annoyed at Len for letting the job get behind. Dennis likes Jed's idea of holding auctions, but realises they'll need premises. Elsie throws Dennis's books out of the window. Ray asks Lucille out - she is taken by him. Jim reminds Stan that when drunk at the party he offered him a room at No.13. Stan thinks it's a good idea. Minnie thinks Dennis needs a psychiatrist and does the job herself. A stunned Hilda is introduced by Stan to her new lodger.
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Dennis's bedroom
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Fairclough and Booth - Yard and office
- Newton & Ridley - Yard and side room
- First appearance of Ray Langton.
- This episode carries no cast credits, only production credits.
- TV Times synopsis: Stan and Len go down the slope; Hilda takes a lodger
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,100,000 homes (4th place).
|February 1966 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th|