Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th March 2003 (Friday)|
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story editor||Colin Steven|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||12th March 2003|
|Next episode||16th March 2003|
David manages to get out of the car and swim to safety. Sarah struggles to get Bethany out but Tommy dives down and helps her. Sarah and Bethany are safe. Gail is having real problems as Richard is trying to stop her getting out of the car. Tommy comes to her rescue and eventually Richard lets go. Gail is safe. Tommy dives in again to look for Richard but finds the car empty. He has to give up. Audrey, Archie, Norris and Rita amongst others are in the Rovers awaiting news. Karen goes out for a business dinner with Joe and a client. The client, Chrissy Barker, is thoroughly rude to Karen. Steve is worried that there's something going on between Karen and Joe and later turns up at the restaurant. Karen is furious and sends him home. Martin thanks Tommy for saving his family's life. Angela thinks Tommy is a hero. Sarah promises to Audrey when they get back to look after David and Bethany. Peter spends the night with Lucy while Shelley is away. Harry looks after the pub for him. Peter feels the baby kick for the first time. He's delighted. The Police haul a body out of the canal. Gail goes to identify the body. Audrey goes with her. She confirms that the dead body is that of Richard Hillman. Her marriage over, Gail throws her wedding ring into the canal.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Tommy Nelson - Thomas Craig
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Hillman - Helen Worth
- Richard Hillman - Brian Capron
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Archie Shuttleworth - Roy Hudd
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Mick Hopwood - Ian Gain
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Harry Flagg - Iain Rogerson
- Angela Nelson - Kathryn Hunt
- Craig Nelson - Richard Fleeshman
- Katy Nelson - Lucy-Jo Hudson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Joe Carter - Jonathan Wrather
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Lucy Richards - Katy Carmichael
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Weatherfield Canal
- Lucy Richards' flat - Living room/kitchen and bedroom
- Unnamed restaurant
- This episode features the death of Richard Hillman and the final appearance of Brian Capron in the role.
- Richard Hammatt was credited as the Stunt Co-ordinator on this episode.
- The scenes at the Weatherfield Canal were recorded at the Portland Basin in Ashton-under-Lyne.
- TV Times synopsis: Is this the end for dastardly Richard Hillman?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,660,000 viewers (4th place).
|March 2003 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd (1 2) • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th (1 2) • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th
Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th • Mon 31st (1 2)