Ivan becomes deliriously happy over the birth of his son. A worried Esther opens her heart to Brian Foley, her boss, about Tom. He says he'll have a word with Tom. Jack starts a penny pile at the Rovers for charity. The residents gather to celebrate the new birth with Ivan. Florrie wins the 'weight' bet, collecting £2 10/-. Esther and Christine, fresh from the Billy Graham crusade, have both given their lives to Christ but Christine admits she has backslided. Ivan is horrified to learn he did a striptease whilst drunk at the party. A second division London club offers Weatherfield County FC £1,000 to transfer David. The Barlows celebrate until they realise that David will have to live in London.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine for this episode.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,680,000 homes (joint 5th place with Episode 55).
|June 1961 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|