|ITV transmission date||16th May 2003 (Friday)|
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story editor||Colin Steven|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||14th May 2003|
|Next episode||18th May 2003|
Shelley tells Peter that he's got to spend more time with Adam to show him that he cares. Tracy and Deirdre gently tease Blanche about her new fancy man Wally Bannister. Tracy suggests to Candice she should go out with Adam but Candice dismisses him as a child. Martin tries to interest Katy in doing the hospital fun run. Katy, Todd and Sarah agree to do it. Candice thinks it's childish. Adam wishes he could join in but realises he'll be back in Scotland. Mike has a heart-to-heart with Adam and tells him how much he means to him. He asks Adam to come away to Spain with him but is disappointed when he refuses. Joe gets Karen to forge Mike's signature on the first cheque to Artrec. Kirk gives Les some really good news; he introduces him to Dave Arden a tramp who witnessed Mick beating up Les. Tommy and Angela decide it's time to change their surnames back to "Harris". Blanche is delighted when Wally phones and invites her to his birthday party. Having consulted his solicitor, Les now feels confident that with Dave as witness the jury will find him not guilty.
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Joe Carter - Jonathan Wrather
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Tracy Preston - Kate Ford
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Adam Barlow - Iain De Caestecker
- Candice Stowe - Nikki Sanderson
- Katy Harris - Lucy-Jo Hudson
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Tommy Harris - Thomas Craig
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 12 Coronation Street - Kitchen
- Underworld - Office
- Street Cars
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield General - Waiting area
- From this episode onwards, the Harris family are credited under their correct surname and not their witness-protection name of "Nelson".
- TV Times synopsis: While Mike is preoccupied with the row over Adam, Joe and Karen seize the opportunity to pursue their plan; and Les's luck changes.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,820,000 viewers (3rd place).
Tracy Preston: "It's not normal for women me gran's age to have men queuing up on t'street."
Blanche Hunt: "He was in the Rovers, and to clarify... I've got a better track record with men than you have!"
|May 2003 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Sun 18th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th • Fri 30th