|ITV transmission date||25th August 2003 (Monday - Part 2)|
|Script editor||Gareth Philips|
|Story editor||Colin Steven|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||25th August 2003|
|Next episode||27th August 2003|
Roy finishes taking all his pills. Hayley leaves to catch a bus to the airport. She tries to phone Roy to give him her forwarding address but he refuses to pick up the phone. Emily calls to see Tracy. Tracy tells her she's made an appointment for her abortion on Friday. Emily and Tracy have a heart-to-heart. Tracy tells Emily how ashamed of her Ken and Deirdre are and what a lousy mother she would make. Roy sees Hayley through the window. He phones her on the pay phone near the bus stop. Hayley detects that there's something really wrong with him. Roy puts himself to bed and waits to die. Hayley breaks into the cafe and finds Roy still alive. She forces him to drink salt water and make himself sick. He tells her about Tracy's forthcoming abortion. Hayley agrees to stay until Friday and help him to stop Tracy from killing his baby.
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Tommy Harris - Thomas Craig
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Tracy Preston - Kate Ford
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- 16a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- This episode was transmitted at 8.45pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Hayley finds out what Roy has done, and Tracy makes a life-changing decision.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,590,000 viewers (1st place).
|August 2003 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th (1 2) • Wed 27th • Fri 29th • Sun 31st