|ITV transmission date||8th September 2003 (Monday - Part 2)|
|Script editor||Gareth Philips|
|Story editor||Colin Steven|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||8th September 2003|
|Next episode||10th September 2003|
Jason realises that Tony must have stolen the £700. Steve is cross with Dev for having Eileen arrested. He tells Dev that Eileen is a good friend. Eileen is locked in a police cell waiting for the duty solicitor to turn up. She is distraught and keeps proclaiming her innocence. The hash cake is taking effect and Jack and Vera are completely spaced out and giggling uncontrollably. Nick takes Bethany round to see Gail for an hour. Gail is delighted. Sarah is cross when she finds out. Jason and Todd pay Tony a visit. He admits that he stole the money and gives it to Jason. Jason is upset that his dad is a loser and a thief. He tells him he doesn't want to see him any more. Ciaran gets Sunita to close the shop so they can share a bottle of wine. Nick leaves for London. Gail is very tearful. He later changes his mind and to Gail's delight says he's going to stay and get a job in Manchester instead. Jason returns the money to Dev and Steve. Dev still refuses to drop the charges. Jason tells the police that he's returned the money expecting Eileen to be released straight away. He is shocked to be told she's being held overnight.
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sunita Parekh - Shobna Gulati
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Patrick Tussel - Trevor Dwyer-Lynch
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Maz O'Loughlin - Emma Rydal
- PC Thomas - Adam Sunderland
- Sgt Wilkinson - Oliver Beamish
- Bill Wadkins - Stan Finni
- Tony Stewart - Alan Igbon
- Coronation Street exterior
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Rosamund Street
- Street Cars
- Weatherfield Police Station - Interview room, cell and front desk
- Bill Wadkins' house - Living room and hallway
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Jason and Todd fail in their mission of mercy; Gail is devastated as Nick prepares to leave; and Jack and Vera have a cosmic time at the allotment.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,680,000 viewers (4th place).
Jack Duckworth: "There isn't an aphrodisiac that's been invented that's strong enough to combat my natural defenses."
Maz O'Loughlin: "What are your natural defenses, Jack?"
Jack Duckworth: "A mental picture of our Vera in a face pack and a hair net."
|September 2003 episodes|
|Mon 1st (1 2) • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th (1 2) • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Sun 14th
Mon 15th (1 2) • Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd (1 2) • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th