Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th April 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||25th April 1966|
|Next episode||2nd May 1966|
Jack tells Annie they can't cancel the snooker match as they'd have a mutiny on their hands. Hilda finds her club money missing. Jim tells her Stan is backing him at the snooker. Ena moves in with Minnie and shares her bed. Minnie worries as Ena shows signs of depression. David easily beats Jim at snooker, to Stan and Jed's horror. Jim is furious with Jed and goes after him. Ena becomes quietly reflective and feels she has nothing left. Hilda guns for Stan over the club money until Elsie points out that it was Jim who led Stan astray and he has been doing ever since he became their lodger. Hilda tells Stan she wants Jim out of her house today and it's up to him to give him his marching orders. Ena oversleeps and feels out of sorts. Jim is indignant about being asked to leave until he hears that Elsie had a hand in it. He decides he's had enough of the Street and agrees to move on. When Jack innocently asks how she's feeling, Ena goes on a diatribe about how nobody wants to know about old folk. She leaves the shop in tears, to everyone's astonishment. Jim is cold towards Elsie about her cattiness. He and Brenda leave together, glad to get away from the Street. Elsie and Annie drink to their departures. Ena and Minnie are stopped outside the Pick-a-Snip Supermarket by the manager who tells Ena she hasn't paid for some items in her bag.
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Bedroom
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- Pick-a-Snip Supermarket - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Ena takes charity and gets detained
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,300,000 homes (2nd place).
|April 1966 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|