Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th January 2004 (Friday - Part 1)|
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||28th January 2004|
|Next episode||30th January 2004|
Cilla accuses Norris of ogling her when he tries to collect a £25 outstanding paper bill from Les. Mike is going on a fortnight's holiday to Spain, leaving Nick in charge. Nick warns Janice that he'll fire her as soon as he gets the chance. Fiz's ring is incredibly tight. She tells Kirk that they can take it to the jewellers later. Tyrone tells Kirk that he saw him on TV, and that he's considering grassing him up. Nick plants an almost empty half-bottle of vodka in Janice's bag and sacks her for gross misconduct. Candice is pleased that Eileen is so enthusiastic about she and Jason being back together. Tyrone tells a horrified Fiz about Kirk stealing the ring. Jack persuades him not to go to the police to turn Kirk in. Kirk sees a policeman and jumps to the conclusion that Tyrone has turned him in. He goes on the run, leaving a distraught Fiz. Harry warns Nick that the girls will walk out if he sacks Janice and quietly suggests that Nick may have planted the bottle himself. Nick reinstates Janice. Eric Gartside arrives for his date with Shelley. He immediately reclaims £10 that Jack borrowed four years ago.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Cilla Brown - Wendi Peters
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Candice Stowe - Nikki Sanderson
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Sonia Marshall - Tina Gambe
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Harry Flagg - Iain Rogerson
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Coronation Street Garage
- Underworld - Factory floor and office
- TV Times synopsis: Kirk has a choice to make between Fiz and his freedom; Nick initiates his plan to destroy Janice; and Shelley prepares for her big night out.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,990,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode - along with Episodes 4301 and 5681 - was included as a special feature on the Peter Kay DVD Driven to Distraction, released by Granada Ventures on 3rd October 2005.
Eric Gartside (On being introduced to Bev Unwin): "I can't believe you're Shelley's mother. You look far too young."
Bev Unwin (Laughing and flattered): "Awww, thank-you. You can't be looking close enough."
Eric Gartside: "...oh, you're right. The neck. I can see the neck now. That's the giveaway."
|January 2004 episodes|
|Thu 1st • Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th
Fri 16th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th • Fri 30th (1 2)