Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd February 2004 (Monday - Part 1)|
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||1st February 2004|
|Next episode||2nd February 2004|
Rita refuses to let Norris come to court with her, asking him to run The Kabin instead. Emily, Audrey and Blanche go with Rita to offer their support. Candice tells Jason that nobody replied to the lonely hearts ad. Jason pretends to Eileen that he's vetting the replies before showing them to her. Sunita returns from Scotland, ready to get on with her life. Rita is grateful when Norris turns up at the court. Chesney gives his evidence via video link and tells the court that Rita hit him and slammed him against the shelves. Cilla gives evidence that Chesney has wet the bed since his ordeal. She does such a good job that Rita's defence lawyer, Leah Mirrelson, doesn't cross examine her. Candice goes to the factory to ask Janice's advice on middle-aged men. Harry leads her off the premises at Nick's insistence. Harry agrees to ask Eileen out on a date. Rita is questioned by Jordanna James for the prosecution. Rita suggests that the charges are complete fabrication, but on her lawyer's advice, she just manages to keep her cool. Eileen is stunned to see that her blind date is Harry. The magistrates retire to make their decision, the eventual verdict uncertain.
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Patrick Tussel - Trevor Dwyer-Lynch
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Cilla Brown - Wendi Peters
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Candice Stowe - Nikki Sanderson
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Sunita Parekh - Shobna Gulati
- Harry Flagg - Iain Rogerson
- Maya Sharma - Sasha Behar
- Court Usher - Nigel Leonard
- Jordanna James - Andrea Mason
- Leah Mirrelson - Jane Bellamy
- Magistrate - Geoffrey Wilkinson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Street Cars
- Weatherfield Magistrates Court - Corridor, stairway and courtroom
- A waiter in Valandro's where Eileen Grimshaw and Harry Flagg meet is uncredited, despite having a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Cilla prepares Chesney for his appearance in court; Candice lands Eileen a date that is full of surprises; and Sunita's return provokes concern for Maya.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,620,000 viewers (1st place).
|February 2004 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2) • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th
Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th