Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd February 2004 (Monday - Part 2)|
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||2nd February 2004|
|Next episode||4th February 2004|
Harry admits to Eileen that Candice roped him into their date. They enjoy each other's company, although Harry is reluctant to talk about himself. Sunita is peeved when Ciaran takes seeing her again in his stride. Rita is found guilty and is ordered to pay a fine of £500, plus £500 compensation to Chesney. Rita gives the magistrates a piece of her mind. Norris backs her up, and they're both held in contempt of court and ordered to be taken down. Maya is thrilled to hear that Dev is taking her to Morocco on holiday. Rita and Norris agree to apologise to the magistrates to avoid being locked up. Norris duly apologises, however Rita cracks and tells the magistrates that they're a bunch of numbskulls for believing an obvious put-up job. She's remanded in custody until the next day. Karen's Auntie Eva phones her with the bad news that her bridesmaids are quarantined with chickenpox and won't make the wedding.
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Cilla Brown - Wendi Peters
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Sunita Parekh - Shobna Gulati
- Harry Flagg - Iain Rogerson
- Maya Sharma - Sasha Behar
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Tommy Harris - Thomas Craig
- Court Usher - Nigel Leonard
- Jordanna James - Andrea Mason
- Leah Mirrelson - Jane Bellamy
- Magistrate - Geoffrey Wilkinson
- Custody Sergeant - Eamonn Fleming
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop - Shop and stockroom
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Street Cars
- Weatherfield Magistrates Court - Courtroom, corridor, stairway, foyer and chambers
- Weatherfield Police Station - Cells
- TV Times synopsis: Rita's performance in court shocks everybody; Eileen realises that Harry is a man of mystery; and Karen receives calamitous news about the wedding.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,430,000 viewers (2nd place).
Rita Sullivan (to the Magistrates): "You sit up there laying down the law - it's pathetic - you haven't a clue. You've sat there swallowing a pack of lies off a little lad who's had a trumped-up tale drummed into him by his mother and her fancy man!
Norris Cole: "I have to confess that I don't relish the thought of being some hardened criminal's plaything."
|February 2004 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2) • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th
Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th