|ITV transmission date|| 16th February 2004|
(Monday - Part 2)
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||16th February 2004|
|Next episode||18th February 2004|
Chaos breaks out as Tracy angrily asserts to Roy and Hayley that she would never have slept with Roy. Steve can't deny to Karen that everything's true, and she locks herself into the vestry. The factory girls prevent Tracy from following Roy and Hayley as they make their escape with the baby in Patrick's taxi. Karen smacks Steve in the face with her bouquet, devastated that her dream wedding has turned into a nightmare. Liz and Deirdre have a bust-up over Tracy's behaviour. Steve tries to explain to Karen that he'd only slept with Tracy thinking that he'd lost Karen and that it was a one-off. Tracy apologises to Karen for spoiling her day, but she came to get her baby. As Karen demands the truth, Tracy spins a story that Steve tried to make her have an abortion, made her pretend the baby was Roy's and made her take the money from Roy to give her baby away. Karen realises that nothing adds up. The Croppers are heartbroken as they realise that Tracy must have been telling the truth. Steve tells Karen how much he truly loves her, and asks her to marry him again.
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Patrick Tussel - Trevor Dwyer-Lynch
- Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Tommy Harris - Thomas Craig
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Sonia Marshall - Tina Gambe
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Maya Sharma - Sasha Behar
- Patience Cropper - Holly Bowyer and Rebecca Pike (Uncredited)
- Location filming for Walcot Manor was conducted at Arley Hall in Cheshire.
- TV Times synopsis: Steve tries desperately to win Karen over and save his marriage; and Tracy's threats cause panic with Roy and Hayley who barricade themselves in.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,330,000 viewers (1st place). This was the highest-rated episode of the year.
- This episode was included in the Golden Anniversary DVD Collection, released by ITV Home Entertainment on 11th October 2010.
|February 2004 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2) • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th
Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th