Steve begs Karen to marry him, telling her that he hadn't told her about Tracy because he didn't want to hurt her. Liz asks Ken to leave, taking the rest of his family with him. Deirdre agrees to help Tracy get her baby back. Ken is sceptical of Tracy's motives, but she convinces him that she genuinely wants her baby and he agrees to back her. Roy and Hayley determine to fight to keep Patience. Steve and Karen marry with Liz, Eva and Andy as the only witnesses. Janice turns down Arthur Whiston, the wedding photographer's, offer to turn her into a glamour model. Maya takes Dev's comment that she's the sort of girl one marries, very seriously. Karen and Steve make their entrance as a married couple. Steve makes a heartfelt speech declaring how much he loves Karen. Karen makes a speech of her own. All the posh trappings she'd wanted mean nothing and all that matters is she and Steve making their vows to each other. Ken asks Tracy to give Roy and Hayley time to sleep on things. She can't contain herself and bangs on the Croppers' door, demanding her baby back. Roy and Hayley cower in their flat, clutching Patience to them.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Tommy Harris - Thomas Craig
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Sonia Marshall - Tina Gambe
- Maya Sharma - Sasha Behar
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Patience Cropper - Holly Bowyer and Rebecca Pike (Uncredited)
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Victoria Street
- 16a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Walcot Manor and church
- Location filming for Walcot Manor was conducted at Arley Hall in Cheshire.
- TV Times synopsis: Steve faces the possibility of losing the woman he loves; Ken, Deirdre and Liz clash over Tracy; and Roy and Hayley are determined to fight to keep Patience.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,830,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
|February 2004 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2) • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th
Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th