|ITV transmission date||20th February 2004 (Friday)|
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||18th February 2004|
|Next episode||22nd February 2004|
Imogen Stamford whisks Claire away to look after her daughter for a few hours. Tracy storms to the Croppers' flat, followed by Blanche, Deirdre and a reluctant Ken. Andy leaves for Spain, but Liz decides to stay on to support Steve and Karen. Maya is mysterious about a lunch date. Dev accompanies her and is shocked to find his father Ranjiv Alahan, at the restaurant. Maya is a big hit and completely charms Ranjiv. Tracy is like a wildcat and attacks Roy in her attempt to get Patience. Hayley stuns the Barlows when she reveals that Tracy isn't a fit mother as she sold the baby for £25,000. Hayley screams at them to get out. Deirdre is disgusted with Tracy, but Blanche sticks up for her pointing out that whatever Tracy did in the past, she now just wants to be a proper mother. Penny accepts Fred's invitation to Sunday lunch. Ken gently points out to Roy that the only relevant issue is that Tracy, the rightful mother, wants her baby back. Roy goes alone to give Patience to Tracy. As Tracy weeps with joy, Roy returns to Hayley and they cling to each other, grief-stricken.
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Claire Casey - Julia Haworth
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Maya Sharma - Sasha Behar
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Penny King - Pauline Fleming
- Patience Cropper - Holly Bowyer, Amber Chadwick and Rebecca Pike (Uncredited)
- Joshua Peacock - Benjamin Beresford (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Elliott & Son
- Roy's Rolls
- 16a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Unnamed restaurant
- Last appearance of Andy McDonald until 14th August 2009.
- This is one of three episodes in February 2004 where the role of Amy Barlow/Patience Cropper was portrayed by Amber Chadwick (alongside Holly Bowyer and Rebecca Pike). The other two episodes are 22nd February and 23rd February. Chadwick would later return to the role full-time on 22nd March 2006.
- TV Times synopsis: Tracy takes on Roy and Hayley over baby Patience; Maya makes a pleasing impression on Dev's father; and Ashley loses out to Claire's wealthy employer.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,960,000 viewers (5th place).
|February 2004 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2) • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th
Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th