|ITV transmission date||25th May 1966 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||23rd May 1966|
|Next episode||30th May 1966|
Minnie has been overworking and is told to rest. Bobby goes down with flu and they are both nursed by Jed. Stan starts with his ice cream van. The skeleton staff moves into the factory in readiness for the opening and two of them, Bet Lynch and her friend Cilla investigate the Rovers. Stan does well in the ice cream van. Irma and Lucille get jobs at the factory, as welders. Annie is horrified. Jack reminds her that she started off in the weaving shed. Irma gives Hilda the job of assistant at the shop. David is annoyed. Ice cream baroness, Mary Bonnetti catches Stan on her patch and declares war on him.
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Wally Tanner - George Betton
- Ruth Winter - Colette O'Neill
- Mrs Bonnetti - Lila Kaye
- Boy - Ian Dawson
- Cilla - Sandra Downes
- First appearance of Bet Lynch.
- TV Times synopsis: Irma and Lucille change jobs and Hilda joins in
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,100,000 homes (3rd place).
Annie Walker: "Goodness knows, I have always shunned snobbishness, but there are limits as to how far one can condescend."
|May 1966 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|