Minnie has been overworking and is told to rest. Bobby goes down with flu and they are both nursed by Jed. Stan starts with his ice cream van. The skeleton staff moves into the factory in readiness for the opening and two of them, Bet Lynch and her friend Cilla, investigate the Rovers. Stan does well in the ice cream van. Irma and Lucille get jobs at the factory as welders. Annie is horrified. Jack reminds her that she started off in the weaving shed. Irma gives Hilda the job of assistant at the shop. David is annoyed. Ice cream baroness Mary Bonnetti catches Stan on her patch and declares war on him.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Wally Tanner - George Betton
- Ruth Winter - Colette O'Neil
- Mrs Bonnetti - Lila Kaye
- Boy - Ian Dawson
- Cilla - Sandra Downes
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Minnie's bedroom and landing
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- Mission of Glad Tidings
- Unknown roads
- First appearance of Bet Lynch.
- TV Times synopsis: Irma and Lucille change jobs and Hilda joins in
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,100,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
Annie Walker: "Goodness knows, I have always shunned snobbishness, but there are limits as to how far one can condescend."
|May 1966 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|