|ITV transmission date||9th April 2004 (Friday)|
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||7th April 2004|
|Next episode||11th April 2004|
Maria shows Fiz the receipt for the wine glasses, proving she used her own credit card. Fiz has no choice but to grovel. Bev and Shelley both now think the other should run the bar. Fred impulsively offers the manager's job to Ciaran, who immediately accepts. Kirk's suspicions are raised when sees Cilla with a new dress. Fiz instinctively knows her mother is the culprit, but realises she needs to get proof. Ciaran winds Bev and Shelley up as the power goes to his head. Charlie is amazed when Ciaran asks him to leave the Rovers for wearing dirty work gear. Charlie returns later in a dinner suit, complete with bow tie. Charlie sends Jason on a job to fix Gail's leaky radiator. When Gail answers the door in a dressing gown and makes comments about how handsome he is, Jason thinks his luck's in and makes a pass at a horrified Gail. Cilla's caught red-handed when Kirk finds Fiz's credit card in her handbag. Cilla tries to play down the whole thing, but Fiz threatens to go to the police. Les is disgusted at Cilla for stealing from her own daughter. She tries to plead her case, saying it was a moment of weakness, but Les finishes with her.
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Harry Flagg - Iain Rogerson
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Charlie Stubbs - Bill Ward
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Cilla Brown - Wendi Peters
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and landing
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Victoria Street
- 17a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Builder's Yard
- TV Times synopsis: Kirk makes a shocking discovery; Les puts his foot down; Jason makes a misjudgement; and Ciaran rings the changes.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,910,000 viewers (5th place).
Fred Elliott (about Bev and Shelley Unwin's fall-out): "Tense? I say tense? It were like the Cuban missile crisis. Two super powers bent on confrontation while the world held its breath."
Harry Flagg: "Which one were Kennedy and which one were Khrushchev?"
|April 2004 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Sun 18th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th • Fri 30th (1 2)