Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th June 1966 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||15th June 1966|
|Next episode||22nd June 1966|
Ena refuses to let the thugs vandalise the Vestry. They tell her she can go but refuse to let Lucille go, planning to have "some fun" with her. Ruth arrives and the thugs lock the door behind her. When they hold her she hits them and gives one a nosebleed. They scuttle off. Elsie promises Wally he won't have to sleep on the sofa for much longer. She calls on Arnold Tanner and discovers his shop has large living quarters. She dumps Wally on him and tells him if he doesn't take him in he'll go to a home. Jerry tells Sheila he realises she doesn't want a permanent relationship with him. Two thugs, Sid and Geordie try to track Dennis down.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Arnold Tanner - Frank Crawshaw
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Ernie Mills - Jack Grieve
- Ruth Winter - Colette O'Neil
- Wally Tanner - George Betton
- Vic - Malcolm Patton
- Colin - David Cook
- Sid - Robert Fyfe
- Geordie - Donald Oliver
- TV Times synopsis: Ruth comes out fighting for Ena; and Elsie counts out Wally
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,500,000 homes (10th place).
|June 1966 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|