Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st May 2004 (Monday - Part 1)|
|Script editor|| Gareth Philips|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||30th May 2004|
|Next episode||31st May 2004|
Tommy's delighted to have Katy back home and fusses round her. Deirdre and Blanche see Tracy off to Portsmouth. Mike's nephew, Danny Baldwin arrives on the Street. Mike signs over half of Underworld to Danny and introduces him to the girls as their new boss. Sarah goes back to work at the café. Todd orders a breakfast but is embarrassed when Vera refuses to serve him. The factory girls fancy Danny and they instantly warm to him. He nicknames Janice "Lippy" and Karen "Bolshie". Danny gets the girls to work at double speed as he's promised a client they would finish his order that afternoon. Fiz gets a visit from Viv Wright the social worker. Fiz impresses her with the rotas she's drawn up for collecting Chesney from school, etc. However it all goes wrong when Chesney arrives back from school saying it's half-term and school is shut. Danny reverses his car into Les's taxi. Les threatens him and Danny punches Les. Feeling guilty, Danny then takes him for a drink. Katy pleads with Martin to take her back but Martin won't be swayed. Sarah doubles over in pain in the café. Roy declares they must get her to hospital.
- Tommy Harris - Thomas Craig
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Katy Harris - Lucy-Jo Hudson
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Sunita Parekh - Shobna Gulati
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford
- Danny Baldwin - Bradley Walsh
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Craig Harris - Richard Fleeshman
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Sonia Marshall - Tina Gambe
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Amy Barlow - Rebecca Pike (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Underworld - Factory floor and office
- Roy's Rolls
- 18a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- First appearance of Danny Baldwin.
- TV Times synopsis: Sarah takes a turn for the worse; and the Underworld girls prepare to meet their leader.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,830,000 viewers (2nd place).
Fiz Brown: "Excuse me, Mr Baldwin. Well if she's Lippy and she's Bolshie and she's tea lady and she's biscuit monitor, who am I?"
Danny Baldwin: "Well you, my darling, are obviously the ex-catwalk model who fell on hard times, did a spell as a lap dancer but then got yourself a proper job. The other girls pretend to like you but behind your back they bitch about you something rotten, and that is because of their jealousy of your stunning good looks."
Fiz Brown: "Yeah, that's me!"
|May 2004 episodes|
| Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th (1 2) • Wed 12th
Fri 14th • Sun 16th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd
Mon 24th (1 2 3) • Fri 28th (1 2) • Sun 30th • Mon 31st (1 2 3)