|ITV transmission date||28th June 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||26th June 1961|
|Next episode||3rd July 1961|
Ena refuses to go to the Over 60's Club. Albert is elected chairman and Michael Courtney treasurer of the club's committee. Joe Baumgarten returns from the United States to look up the lady he lodged with during the war. Annie thinks he's one of Elsie's old flames. The Over 60's persuade Ena to join them by letting her play their new piano. David says his farewells and the club sings "We'll Meet Again" to him. Arthur grows determined to have it out with Elsie; he's jealous of her men friends. Elsie seeks refuge from Arthur in the snug of the Rovers, where Joe tracks down his lady - Minnie.
- Mr. Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Nancy Leathers - Norah Hammond
- Arthur Dewhurst - Robin Wentworth
- Tom Hayes - Dudley Foster
- Michael Courtney - John Kelly
- Joe Baumgarten - Bill Nagy
- Peter Derwent - Philip Stone
- Last appearance of David Barlow until 24th June 1963.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,357,000 homes (5th place).
|June 1961 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|