Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th July 1966 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||29th June 1966|
|Next episode||6th July 1966|
Jerry is confused over the baby and doesn't know how to behave towards Sheila. Annie tries to find out how much Lucille earns with the intention of giving her financial advice. At the factory, Bet Lynch grows annoyed at Lucille's speed. Annie is horrified to discover from Hilda that Lucille earns £13, 10 a week. David promises tickets for the World Cup match between Brazil and Bulgaria in Liverpool on 12th July when pressed by the menfolk. Sheila tells Jerry her baby is Neil's. Lucille tries to make out she only earns £9 a week but Annie sees through the deception. The Walkers make her agree to put some money aside each week. Ken's film society grows in numbers as the residents gather for a showing. He leaves Dennis in charge of the second film but Ena, Minnie and Annie walk out when he shows a nudist film by mistake - the others ask for the showing to continue and the menfolk rush round to watch the film when they hear of it. Sheila doesn't know where she stands with Jerry when he confesses that he can't accept that she had a baby by Neil.
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Polly Sagan - Nita Valerie
- Ruth Winter - Colette O'Neil
- Denise Bolton - Valerie Greaves
- Cilla Christie - Cleo Sylvestre
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Mission of Glad Tidings
- PVC Factory - Staff room
- Two girls from the PVC Factory are uncredited although they have lines of dialogue.
- The first film that Ken Barlow shows at the film society is a genuine silent film. Although entitled A Skating Carnival on the caption slide it is probably the Clarendon short That Skating Carnival from February 1910.
- This episode features no title sequence, the opening music and programme name appear over a shot of the Street set.
- TV Times synopsis: Sheila tells Jerry the truth; Kenneth runs an odd show at the Mission
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,050,000 homes (9th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
Minnie Caldwell (watching the nudist film): "Is it a Hitchcock?"
|July 1966 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|