David gives the World Cup tickets to Jack, Albert, Len and Stan. Ruth organises a pub quiz contest. The factory girls ignore Lucille. Annie accuses Sheila of giving Lucille the black eye because of her hurt pride. Annie refuses to let Jack go to the match. Jerry defends Sheila in front of everyone. John Benjamin asks Bet to apologise for hitting Lucille but she refuses. A fight starts when Lucille calls Bet for sleeping with Benjamin. Sheila decides to leave Weatherfield but Jerry vows to stop her.
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- This episode was transmitted at 6.55pm to allow for World Cup football coverage which followed. To alert viewers to this different time, a photograph of Violet Carson as Ena Sharples holding the Rovers clock showing the fingers pointed to 6.55pm was printed in TV Times. An exception was in the region covered by Scottish Television where transmission took place five minutes later at 7.00pm.
- H.V. Kershaw returned as the credited producer of the programme.
- TV Times synopsis: Fun and games in the factory and a 'testing' time at the Rovers
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,950,000 homes (5th place).
|July 1966 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|