|ITV transmission date||25th August 2004 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor|| Bryan Kirkwood|
|Story editor||Mark Bickerton|
|Story associates|| Jane Pearson|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||23rd August 2004|
|Next episode||27th August 2004|
Steve tries to support Karen but she keeps pushing him away, insisting she is fine. Jack is nervous about agreeing to dress up as a woman for the bowls competition and worried that Vera will find out. Frankie is talking to Sunita and Dev about their engagement. Steve tries to convince Karen that she should go and see her mum, but she is having none of it. Dev talks to Steve about getting back the engagement ring he gave to Maya. Ciaran is shocked when Charlie gives him the new quote for work on the restaurant - it's another £20,000. Steve tells Liz about Karen's past. Liz tries to talk to Karen, but she tells her to keep out of her life and marriage. Danny overhears Karen and asks her why she was off work sick and was now in the pub. He doesn't know what to say when Liz tells him that Karen's mum is dying. Fiz puts the finishing touches to Jack's make-up. Hayley, Sonia and Fiz are trying to teach Jack to walk like a woman. They decide his name should be Ida Fagg. When Jack goes back home his dress gets mixed in with Frankie's clothes and Vera takes them all back to her. Dev asks Sunita about an engagement ring and whether history and tradition are important to her. Dev then leaves a message on Maya's answerphone asking her to call him. Ciaran asks his Bank's business advisor for an extra £20,000, but is told he is a financial risk. Steve arrives back at their flat with Karen's Auntie Eva. They tell her that her mum has died.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Sonia Marshall - Tina Gambe
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Frankie Baldwin - Debra Stephenson
- Sunita Parekh - Shobna Gulati
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Danny Baldwin - Bradley Walsh
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Charlie Stubbs - Bill Ward
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- This episode was transmitted at 7.25pm to allow for coverage of Champion's League football.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,280,000 viewers (4th place).
Fiz Brown: "Hey Jack, you should be used to wearing a dress. It's obvious you don't wear the trousers at home."
|August 2004 episodes|
| Sun 1st • Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2)
Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2)
Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th • Mon 30th (1 2)